This recipe is a great recipe for a large family or a recipe to make ahead for the week. The recipe made 18 egg cups. I struggled on what to call this- my mind says egg cups but a friend came up with the idea of mini frittatas. That sounded good too. Call them what you want, I think they a delicious and easy. (you might have noticed a running theme here, most of these recipes are easy) Adjust these to suit your taste. When I came up with this combination of extras, it literally was what I had in the fridge. Also, these muffin tins are old and I have had them for years. No, they don’t look new, but they work.
1 Dozen eggs
1 Cup of Shredded Cheese, I used sharp cheddar
1/4 Cup of Chopped Onion
1/4 Cup of Chopped Bell Pepper
1/4 Cup of Chopped Mushrooms
1-2 Two Tablespoons fat
18 Slices of Deli Style Meat
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Put your onion and bell pepper in a skillet with your choice of fat, I used red palm oil. Cook over medium heat until mostly cooked. About 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4 more minutes. Stir so the veggies don’t burn.
3. While your veggie mix is cooking spray your muffin tins with nonstick spray. Line each muffin tin with a slice of meat and a sprinkle of cheese.
4. Beat eggs with seasoning. Add cooked veggies to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
5. Carefully spoon egg and veggie mix into meat and cheese cups. Divide evenly between each muffin section.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for around 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
7. Carefully remove with a knife or fork.