Here is a super easy recipe that you can make ahead if you would like. It is a family friendly E meal with proper carbs. I love this and make it about once a month. If you are making this ahead of time, you can add everything except the cream cheese and toppings to a gallon bag and squish around to mix things up and store in the bag. If you have family that needs crossovers, you can top theirs with sour cream and shredded cheese. Like things spicy, increase the spice or top with jalapenos. Dress this up you want it, this recipe is pretty flexible.
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
15 oz Canned Black Beans
15 oz Canned Corn
2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies (Rotel)
1 Package Taco Seasoning or DIY
6 oz of Light Cream Cheese, to be added near the end of cooking
2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
Toppings: Chopped cilantro, diced green onions, etc
1. Dump everything except the toppings, cream cheese and chicken breasts into the crockpot. Stir everything together.
2. Add chicken breasts into the pot and stir.
3. Turn on low and cook for about 5-5 1/2 hours. Take our the chicken and add in the cream cheese.
4. Shred the chicken and add back to the crockpot. Stir and continue cooking until cream cheese is melted.
5. Serve over brown rice and top with desired toppings.
6. To make ahead, dump everything that you added to the crockpot into a gallon sized baggie. Mix and smoosh until mixed. Add the chicken and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to cook. Follow the instructions above.