Do you need an easy and simple low carb substitute for cornbread? I LOVE Jiffy cornbread. I know, how can I be from Texas and love sweet cornbread? I don’t know, but I used to love everything sweet. I loved Thousand Island, Catalina or French salad dressing. If it could possibly taste good with sugar added, I am sure that is how I ate it. Now that I have changed how I eat, I still like things sweet but in a different way. I did add 1/8 of a teaspoon of stevia to the cornbread mixture, but that is obviously optional.
A cold front came in this morning. That front took us from 69 degrees to the low 40’s. We will end up getting all the way down to 27 over night. I made a sugar-free wassail earlier and let it simmer. I also made up a pot of http://jenniferoverstreet.com/index.php/2019/10/08/low-carb-secret-ingredient-chili/
my secret ingredient chili. This is such a perfect way to end a cold and blustery busy day. This cornbread is so simple and quick to throw together. It doesn’t call for any crazy ingredients you need to get on Amazon or search the store for. I love to eat it with chili or chicken soups.
2 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed
1/2 t Baking Soda
1/2 t Salt (I use Himalayan Pink Salt)
1/8 t Ground and Pure Stevia Powder, Optional
2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
Grease or Butter to grease the skillet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cast iron skillet or place 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet. I don’t know the size of my skillet so I flipped it over and measured the bottom. It measured 8 1/2 inches across the bottom. Place in oven as it preheats.
2. Add dry ingredients to a food processor. Mix ingredients.
3. Pulse in the wet ingredients.
4. Add batter to hot skillet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until set.