This recipe is not only delicious, it is also so fast and easy. It is a perfect recipe to throw together on a busy night. You can add a side of egg drop soup if you want to take it to the next level. I made this on a crazy busy night, so I didn’t add the egg drop soup, but I wanted to. This is a low carb recipe that fits perfectly with the Trim Healthy Mama plan as an S. This is going to be in a regular rotation at my house. Everyone loves when I make this.
1 lb Ground Meat
2 16 oz Bags of Coleslaw Mix
2 t Minced Garlic
2 T Minced fresh Ginger
6 Green onions, diced
4 T Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, or soy sauce
2 T Sesame Seed Oil
Siracha to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 T Sugar alternative, use whatever you normally use I used Lakanto Monk Fruit
Sesame Seeds, opt
1. Brown ground meat in a large skillet (use a really large one).
2. When the meat is about halfway cooked, add minced garlic, ginger and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
3. Make sauce while meat is cooking. Mix together Bragg’s (or soy sauce), sweetener, a few shakes of siracha (or more if your family likes heat) and sesame seed oil in a small bowl.
4. Add as much of the coleslaw mix as your skillet can handle. Stir and keep cooking and adding the coleslaw until you manage to get both bags in.
5. When all of your coleslaw mix is added, add in your green onions and sauce. Stir until those are completely mixed in.
6. Taste and add salt and pepper or siracha if you think it needs it.
7. Serve in bowls and top with sesame seeds, optional.