I am a person who loves easy food but it must also be good food. If it is just east, then it isn’t worth that little bit of effort. If I can make food that isn’t just easy but also tastes good, I call that a win. This crockpot whole roasted chicken is both. This is the perfect answer to busy lives and not going through a drive thru.
4-5 lb Whole Chicken
1/2 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
1 T Smoked Paprika
2-3 T Steak Seasoning
1. This step is optional but I like to take and make three small balls out of aluminum foil. I place these in the bottom of the crockpot and place the seasoned chicken, breast side down on top of these. This makes sure the chicken isn’t sitting in it’s own juices and allows me to remove the chicken whole and not in pieces.
2. If your chicken has anything in it’s cavity, like gizzards and such, remove and discard.
3. Mix all of the seasoning together in a small bowl.
4. Coat the chicken with the seasoning, all over, including some inside the cavity.
5. Place on foil balls (if using) and put the lid on the crockpot.
6. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours, until chicken is done.