I love a good soup on a cold day. Today in Texas, we are actually cold! We didn’t have any snow accumulation but a few flakes did fall. I had the meat, veggie and enchilada sauce made up. After a day of shopping at a few stores in town, throwing this together was so quick. You will need to make up the sauce first so start with that. While that is simmering brown your meat and veggies so they are going at the same time. Also, if you haven’t simmered tomato based sauces, soups, etc, they pop so be careful. My stove was a mess after making this. I like to serve my kids bowls with crushed organic blue tortilla chips. I like cilantro, green onion and avocado on mine. Top with your favorite toppings.
2 t Minced Garlic
2 8 oz Cans of Tomato Sauce
2 T Chili Powder
2 t Ground Cumin
1//2 t Onion Powder
1/2 t Garlic Powder
1 t Paprika
1/2 t Salt
1/4 t Ground Black Pepper
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Small to Medium Onion, diced
2 Bell Peppers, diced
Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
4 oz Cream Cheese
3 C Broth
1 Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 Package of Frozen Cauli Rice, optional
1. In a small pot over medium heat put about 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the minced garlic.
2. Saute for about 2 minutes and then add the seasonings and tomato sauce. Simmer on low to medium low for about 8 minutes or so.
3. Brown ground beef in a pot or a large skillet. Add bell peppers, onions, cauliflower rice and a teaspoon of minced garlic. Cook until everything is cooked through.
4. Season meat mixture with a little salt and pepper, about 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper.
5. Add enchilada sauce and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and mixed in.
6. Add 3 cups of chicken broth and black beans. Heat through and serve hot.