This is one of the recipes I made up for my 5 dinners Prepped in Hour on a Budget series. It turned out really well. I was very happy with it. If you want to make it without making the broth yourself, buy broth. If you want to use uncooked chicken breasts, go for it. If you don’t want to add the cauliflower rice, you don’t have to. When I make this again, I will probably use frozen cauliflower pieces and blend them with the broth. The cauliflower rice is a lot more noticeable in this recipe than the other ones I hide it in. My kid who hates it ate the soup without complaining but I think it will be worth it to use the pieces and blend it so it will be much less noticeable.
3 Plus Cups of Chicken Broth, make it as soupy or thick as you want
2 Cans of Rotel
Save almost 1/2 of your meat from a roasted Chicken
The Chicken Carcass for making broth
1 Block of Cream Cheese
1 Package of Cauliflower Rice or Florets, whichever way you want to make it
Taco Seasoning 1 pckg or DIY
1. If you are making your broth, you need to make sure you plan ahead for that. I used my instant pot and made bone broth.
2. To your crockpot add your broth, cauliflower, rotel, seasoning and black beans. *
3. Cook on low for 4 hours. Cut up your cream cheese into cubes and add to the crockpot.
4. Let cook for about 30-45 minutes and stir. When almost melted, shred your cooked chicken and add to the crockpot. Continue cooking until heated through. Taste and adjust as needed. Depending on your broth, you might need a lot or just a little salt.
5. Serve with your favorite toppings.
* Note: If you are using cauliflower pieces, you can microwave your cauliflower and add to your blender and add broth. Blend until all of it is blended into the broth. Then add the all of the ingredients in that step to the crockpot.